EXPERIENCED DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Ian has over 20 years of experience working in and supporting further education colleges, playing a significant role transforming college finances, building and supporting finance management teams, developing budget protocols, maximising income/funding, setting realistic tartgets and strategic planning.
He was involved providing external and internal external audit services to Colleges from the time of incorporation and then worked in two Colleges as Director of Finance for over 18 years. Since then he has provided consultancy services. This has included extensive support and coaching for curriculum colleagues, including specialist work e.g. high needs provision.
Ian has been a member of a secondary school governing body for over 20 years, including a period of eight years as chairman. The School is now an academy and is rated by OFSTED as Outstanding.
RECENT SPECIALISMS / SKILLS
- Maximising advanced learner loan receipts and ensuring that procedures are in place to collect fees from all non-funded students
- Ensuring 14 -16 curriculum provision is properly priced and assisting the curriculum manager secure a 55% increase in funding per student
- Critical review of the three year financial plan for the merger of two sixth form colleges
- Reviewing the calculation of high needs funding element 3 to ensure this is maximised
- Ensuring high needs funding element 2 is claimed from the Local Authority for places not funded by the EFSA
- Review of the operation of a sixth form college finance team
- As part of a team, undertaking a strategic review of a sixth form college