Experienced Chief Executive and Project Director
Over 20 years of experience in professional services and the education sector, with a strong track record of business development and improvement, change leadership and business growth. In the last 5 years, Ruth has set up a charity, founded by Lord Baker, now supporting a network of 20+ industry-led Career Colleges across the UK, improving the work prospects of young people in digitech, construction, health, hospitality, engineering and professional services. Ruth has concurrently worked as a consultant to support many colleges, private training providers, and education-related organisations to grow their business/services, to address challenges and opportunities.
Ruth also holds several voluntary positions in support of education, with experience as chair of governors of an academy, and on the UCL Institute of Education Advisory Board and Department for Education Expert Panels.
Specialisms / Skills
- Employer engagement strategy and implementation
- Curriculum and sectoral prioritisation and marketing for growth
- Strategic analysis, planning and implementation
- Change, recovery and business turnaround
- Merger project planning and implementation
- Governance and leadership
- Leadership development and mentoring